Pooch Prance 2018!
|Time:||10:30 AM – 3:00 PM (Registration begins at 9:30 AM)|
|Date:||September 9th, 2018|
|Who:||You and your four legged pets|
|Where:||Edsel and Eleanor Ford House in Grosse Pointe Shores, MI (directions)|
Pooch Prance is a Walk-a-Thon FUNdraiser that supports Michigan Anti-Cruelty Society. The course is approximately 10k (6 miles) long and encircles the beautiful grounds of the Ford House in Grosse Pointe Shores, MI. There are various pet refreshment stations along the course where you and your four legged friends can stop for fresh water, treats, or just mingle with other walkers. A light breakfast is served before the walk and lunch will be provided after the walk.
- You must be registered to walk.
- Invite your friends, family, and co-workers to participate!
- Don’t want to walk? Become a volunteer! Download and fill out the registration form and check
“Be a Pooch Prance volunteer”.
- Registration Form download.
- In order to walk, you must raise pledges or make a donation.
- Pledge form and pledges are due the day of event.
- Pledges may be collected per kilometer or as a flat donation.
- Pledge Form download.
You can still sponsor your favorite PoochTeam or sponsor the cause if you are unable to attend by using one of the buttons below. When you sponsor a team, be sure to enter their team name and the donation will count towards their totals!
|Sponsor a Team!||Sponsor the Cause!|
For information on becoming a corporate sponsor for the Pooch Prance event, click here!
- We walk RAIN or SHINE, so come prepared!
- On-Site registration begins at 9:30 A.M. and the WALK will start at 10:30 A.M.
- Upon arrival, check in at the registration table and submit your completed pledge sheets and collected pledges.
- On-site parking is available.
- The course is approximately 10k (6 miles). Shorter courses are available.
- Course map is available at the registration table.
- Volunteers will be on hand to assist walkers.
- If you walking with your “four legged” friend, they must be on a leash at all times.
- Please be a responsible pet owner and pick up after your pet!
Start the day off with juice, bagels, and fruit. Refreshments will be available at check points along the route with a delicious lunch served at the finish line. All walking dogs will receive a free MACS bandana. There will also be vendors on hand such as a Pet Photographer to take pictures of your pet wearing his new MACS bandana. A bake sale run by volunteers will have cookies, cakes, brownies, dog treats…..something for you and your four legged friend. And of course, your favorite MACS merchandise will also be available.
Raffle and Prizes
There will be a raffle after lunch with tons of prizes. Speaking of prizes:
- All participants raising more than $100 will receive a Pooch Prance t-shirt (To be eligible, all monies must be submitted the day of the event).
- For every $500 raised by a participant, their name will entered into a special drawing! (To be eligible, all monies must be submitted the day of the event).